Tim's Barbecue Hamburger Recipe
A barbecue hamburger recipe for perfect burgers.
There is no such thing as a bad hamburger, as my grandfather used to
say. There are only good hamburgers - and better. So, how do you choose
the best hamburger recipe from all the millions out there? Well, trial
and error, I suppose.
Fortunately, I've been going through this trial and error process
for many years now, so you can save yourself the bother if you're so
All the ground beef recipes on this site have been tested to the
extreme, the best barbecue hamburger recipe on this page being no
So go ahead and give it a try, and don't forget to rate it when
Try Tim's Super Burger Recipe:
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 6 tablespoons honey mustard
- 4 tablespoons of grated parmesan cheese
- 4 tablespoons breadcrumbs, separated
- 1 large egg
- 1 large white onion, diced as small as possible
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 6 slices mild cheddar cheese
- 6 hamburger rolls, halved
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the ground beef, honey
mustard, Parmesan cheese, chopped onion, two tablespoons breadcrumbs,
herbs and spices, egg, and salt and pepper.
- Make sure everything is well-combined, but don't over mix or it'll
affect the texture of the burger after it's cooked.
- Divide the mixture into 6 portions, forming a patty from each
portion. Roll each patty in breadcrumbs and refrigerate for at least ½
hour, preferably longer. Remove from refrigerator approximately ½ hour
before cooking to bring to room temperature.
- Oil the grill lightly, and grill each patty for about 3 minutes
on the first side, flip them over and fry for another 1 minute. Grill
longer if your prefer your burger well done.
- Place a slice of cheddar on each patty, turn heat to lowest, and
continue cooking. Remove when cheese has melted over the patty.
- Rub some crushed garlic and a little olive oil on the halved
rolls, and toast on grill face down until the rolls are just golden.
- Place hamburger on roll, initiate crowd control system, and serve
with usual condiments.
Many thanks to Timothy Stuart for sharing this great barbecue recipe!
Have you read our Tips for
making the perfect hamburger patty?