Grilled beef shish kebab with honey, ginger, and soy marinade
Grilled Mixed Shish Kebab
Who said beef shish kebabs are a staple of Middle Eastern cuisine?
Well, they are, actually, but the marinade in this easy grilled kebab recipe instills a delicate Far Eastern taste that is enjoyed by everyone. My family loves this recipe.
The beef turns out deliciously succulent - fantastic! Give this delicious 'meal on a stick' a try today.
Try this tip: Replace the mushrooms with pineapple cubes for some extremely kid friendly beef kebabs that the kids will really love. Oh did I mention adults simply love these too?
Ready for barbecued beef shish kebabs with honey, ginger and soy marinade?
For the kebabs:
- 2-1/2 pounds boneless beef sirloin
- 3 bell peppers, different colors
- 2 red onions
- 12 mushrooms, fresh
For the marinade:
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 inch stems fresh ginger, diced
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 2 green onions, white and green parts, chopped
Required grilling accessories:
- 16 bamboo or metal skewers
- Marinade: Mix the marinade ingredients in a non-reactive container or zip food storage bag. Combine all marinade ingredients
- Cut the sirloin into 1" cubed chunks and refrigerate in marinade for 4 - 8 hours, or overnight.
- Drain the meat, reserve 1 cup marinade
- Cut the bell peppers and red onions into 1" pieces
- Skewer the meat, mushrooms, onion and peppers in an alternating fashion.
- Grill over high heat for 8 - 10 minutes*, baste with marinade, turn and grill for an additional 8 - 10 minutes.
- Before removing, baste one more time, flip, wait about 5 seconds and remove from grill
- Serve immediately.
*Determine exact cooking time according to degree of heat and desired degree of grilling
This is one of my most favorite summer time recipes. Shish kebabs are so easy to prepare and grill that I will often prepare these a few time each month. We eat them all and never seem to have any leftovers.
Click here for 'how-to' shish kebab preparation and grilling tips