Quick and Easy Campfire Breakfast
Whenever I think of a great, easy, campfire breakfast, this is the
recipe my thoughts turn to. The eggs, bacon and hash browns combine to
make this the classic breakfast - and, of course, a family favorite.
Add freshly squeezed OJ, toast and coffee - and there you have it,
the perfect SUNSHINE BREAKFAST. But however you call it, it's a great
way to start your day!
Try this quick & easy breakfast on your campfire:
Serves 4 - 6
- 8 slices bacon
- 1 1/2 cups frozen hash browns
- 2 sweet onions, thinly sliced
- 6 eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar or Colby cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook bacon in heavy skillet until crisp. Remove skillet from heat
and crumble bacon.
- Reserve 2 tablespoons fat, drain the rest.
- Slice the onions as thin as you can, and add to the pan with the
potatoes. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Return to heat and fry until potatoes are lightly browned.
- Beat together eggs, milk, 1/4 tsp. salt and pepper.
- Pour over browned potatoes in skillet. Cook without stirring
until mixture begins to set.
- Using a spatula lift and fold partially cooked eggs so uncooked
egg flows underneath. Continue cooking for about 4 minutes until cooked
but not dry.
- Arrange crumbled bacon on top, sprinkle with cheese.