Campfire Eggs Rosti with Onion and Fried Potatoes
Ready to enjoy a zesty campfire
eggs rosti recipe?
Another delicious breakfast recipe in the long line of outstanding
recipes, this quick, easy, and fasst campfire
breakfast recipe is my own variation of traditional Swiss rosti.
Rosti is a type of fried potato pancake that is more popular over there
than French fries.
The beauty of this quick and easy campfire cooking recipe, one of my
favorites, by the way, is that it combines the great rosti taste with
eggs and onion for a delicious, zesty and and nourishing breakfast.
As an extra bonus, you can add some cooked bacon flakes at the same
time you add the cheese for an even zestier flavor.
Campfire eggs rosti with onion and fried potatoes
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 4 medium potatoes
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Boil the potatoes for 10 minutes, drain and let cool.
- Once cool, peel the potatoes and cut into Ω inch cubes
- On a medium heat, melt 3 tablespoons butter in a nonstick
skillet, add potatoes and sauté? until they start to turn golden, about
- Add onions, salt and pepper and sauté until the onions and
potatoes are golden brown.
- Whisk the eggs and milk in a bowl, and add to the skillet. Reduce
heat, and add the grated cheese.
- Cover and sauté at low heat until bottom layer browns. Once the
base is crisp, turn onto a plate.
- Melt the remaining butter, flip and cook the other side until
If you enjoyed this rosti variation, how about a authentic rosti recipe?