Chicken and Bean Dutch Oven Casserole
I really like to make this easy chicken and bean casserole Dutch oven recipe when we're out camping.
This is a great camping recipe; get it going in the morning, go off fishing or hiking or whatever you feel like doing, carry out phase two when you get back, rest awhile, and when you're ready for dinner - so is the casserole.
Try it. It's a keeper.
Special thanks to Terry Dunk for sharing this recipe
Chicken and Bean Casserole
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 (16oz) can chili beans
- 1 (15oz) can black beans
- 1 (15oz) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (8oz) can tomato sauce
- 1 (12oz) can or bottle beer
- 2 (10oz) cans diced tomatoes w/ green chilies, undrained
- 1 (1.25oz) pkg. taco seasoning
- 3 whole skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- Shredded Cheese
- Sour Cream
- Crushed Tortilla chips
- Place onion, chili beans, black beans, corn, tomato sauce, beer and diced tomatoes in Dutch oven.
- Add taco seasoning and stir.
- Lay chicken on top, pressing down slightly until just covered
- Cook over low heat for 5 hours
- Remove chicken, shred, stir back into stew and continue cooking for 2 hours over low heat
- Serve with cheese, sour cream and crushed tortilla chips