How about a nice, creamy chicken curry recipe? Quick and easy - and delicious too, of course!
Looking for an easy campfire chicken curry recipe?
Since my family loves eating curry, I'm always on the lookout for great Indian chicken curry recipes. This delicious and creamy chicken curry came my way more or less by accident, but it is so tasty, quick and easy to make that it has become a staple on all our camping trips, and at home too!
I always say that if you can make it at home, you can make it when you're out camping - and vice versa. No reason to rely on hotdogs when you're outdoors. That's why this easy curry chicken recipe is such a delight - and you only need one pan to do it. (Well, two if you're making rice to go along with it).
OK, so who's ready for a delicious, mild, campfire chicken curry?
Creamy Chicken Curry Recipe
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 pounds chicken breasts, skin removed and cubed
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1-1/2" fresh ginger, grated
- 1 cup skim milk
- 4 large tomatoes, chopped
- Large tub fat free yoghurt (plain) - optional
- Saute chicken in oil until golden.
- Remove from pan, leave to rest in a separate bowl.
- Add onions, saute until golden.
- Stir in turmeric, garam masala and chili powder. Roast in pan for 1 minute
- Return chicken to pan, stir mixture to coat chicken evenly.
- Blend together garlic, ginger and milk, and add to pan with tomato and three tablespoons of water.
- Cover and simmer for 30 minutes to blend the flavors and thicken the sauce.
- Remove chicken and keep warm.
- Bring cooking liquid to the boil and reduce by half.
- Place chicken on a suitable serving dish, spoon reduced sauce over.
Serve with yoghurt on the side, if desired.