Chili Relleno Casserole
The sharp bite of the chili peppers makes this Chili
Relleno casserole one of my favorite casserole recipes. Try it and
tell me if this isn't one of the best vegetarian casserole recipes
you've ever tried!"
So what's it to be for brunch today?
The sharp bite of the chili peppers makes this Tex-Mex casserole one
of my favorite casserole recipes.
As a matter of fact, everyone who has tried this great vegetarian
dish raves about it.
Quick and easy to make, and a tiny cleanup trail, make this a very
efficient brunch or lunch, an all-round winner where I live. (You can
also prepare the day before and pop into the oven whenever you're
Try This Easy Chili Relleno Casserole Recipe:
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper, or taste
- 2 cups green chili peppers, roasted and diced (You can use canned
- 1-1/4 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1-1/4 cups Monterrey Jack, shredded
- 1/2 cup sour cream (or as needed)
- 1 avocado, peeled and sliced
- 2 cups salsa
- Lightly grease a 9X13 casserole dish.
- Mix the two cheeses together in a bowl.
- In another bowl, mix the eggs, milk, flour, salt and
- Spread about 1/3 of the diced chilies on the bottom of the dish,
covering the bottom completely. Sprinkle with 1/3 of the cheese.
- Repeat layering twice.
- Pour egg/milk mixture over cheese, cover and refrigerate for 30
minutes. (You can prepare this one day ahead).
- Preheat oven to 350 Fahrenheit. Bake for about 45 minutes, or
until casserole is slightly puffed in the center and golden brown on
- Remove from oven and let cool for 20 minutes before slicing.
Garnish with sour cream, avocado, and salsa (You can serve the salsa
on the side if you wish)