Try this easy deviled egg recipe
While some deviled egg recipes may be difficult, this one is really
easy to make, easy on the eye and is really-really tasty. A classic!
Deviled eggs make a great addition to any light meal - breakfast,
brunch, lunch or a light supper. Their decorative qualities make them
especially useful when entertaining, too.
For best results, I suggest you read my 5 tips
for boiling the perfect egg before you prepare this recipe.
Classic deviled eggs
- 6 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and sliced lengthwise
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise, Light or reduced fat mayonnaise will
also give great results.
- 1/2 teaspoons mustard powder
- 1/2 teaspoon white vinegar
- 2 green onions, very thinly sliced (slice a little of the green
and keep separate from white)
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Paprika, optional, for garnish
- Halve the eggs and scoop the yolks into a small bowl. Mash well
with a fork
- Add mayonnaise, mustard powder and vinegar until desired
consistency is reached.
- Stir in white part of sliced onion and most of the chopped
parsley. Taste and add salt and pepper to taste. Using a small
teaspoon or pastry bag, fill egg white halves with the mixture.
Sprinkle with sliced green onion, remaining parsley and paprika.
You can prepare this dish in advance - cover lightly with plastic
wrap and refrigerate for up to 24 hours before serving.