Pannekoek - Dutch Pancake Recipe
My kids love my homemade pancake recipes, and I love to make pancakes from scratch. A lethal combination on any lazy Sunday morning.
So there I am in the kitchen, just about every Sunday, wind or shine. I whip out an easy pancake recipe, and pretty soon we're in business.
This recipe for pancakes is so quick and easy, and with only a small cleanup trail, that I often make it on our frequent camping trips.
Just imagine - homemade Dutch pancakes. Wow! What a way to start the day!
Just follow the easy 'how to make pancakes' instructions below for excellent results:
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup water
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Mix first five ingredients together until blended but still lumpy.
- Add oil to skillet over medium heat.
- When oil is hot, pour in enough batter to cover bottom of pan (about a 1/4 cup.)
- When bottom seems done, flip and continue cooking until done.
- As you pull each pancake from the pan, spread a small amount of topping on each pancake and fold or roll up.