Farmers Breakfast Casserole
So what's it to be for breakfast today? My suggestion? Try this
great farmers breakfast casserole - just perfect for a sustaining
breakfast or brunch, whether you're out camping or at home."
Don't you find that when you're planning breakfast, hash brown
casseroles come to mind? I know I certainly do, and this quick and easy
farmer's breakfast includes bacon and cheese along with the hash
browns, a real delight.And you don't even have to be a farmer to enjoy
And it gets even better. This easy breakfast
casserole uses only a single pan, meaning only a tiny cleanup trail for
Well, let's get going them with this easy breakfast casserole
recipe - perfect for a sustaining breakfast or brunch, whether you're
out camping or at home.
Try This Easy Farmers Breakfast Casserole Recipe:
- 6 slices bacon
- 2 cups frozen cubed hash browns, thawed
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 6 eggs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 bunch chives, for garnish
- Fry bacon until crisp in a large, heavy skillet. Drain bacon
drippings, leaving about 3 tablespoons in pan. When crisp, place on
paper towels to absorb excess fat.
- Add hash browns to drippings in skillet. Cook until brown, then
add peppers and onions and cook additional 5 minutes, or until
vegetables are soft.
- Add the cheese to the skillet and stir into the mix until
cheese melts. Beat the eggs in a mixing bowl, and add to the skillet.
Add the seasonings and stir gently.
- Cook until eggs are done.
- Crush bacon into pieces. Sprinkle top with bacon pieces, garnish
with chives and serve.