Michaela's Orange Sesame Glazed Salmon
Editor's note: This orange sesame glazed salman recipe by Michaela Rosenthal won the first place in our third annual best outdoor cooking recipe contest
(July 2010). It was so good, that it received 282 comments from
readers. However, the file became so huge due to all the comments, that
in some cases it caused a brain freeze on all the computers trying to
access the recipe. To remedy this, I moved the recipe to a separate page, so anyone wanting to try the recipe can do so easily. If you want to see the original recipe and comments, please .
Recipe By Michaela
My recipe came about when a friend who was invited for an al fresco dinner gifted me with a bag of fresh oranges from his tree.
My menu changed when I cut into one of the juicy oranges, and now this ORANGE-SESAME GLAZED SALMON recipe is frequently cooked on warm summer evenings on my patio
You'll find that Michaela's
delicious salmon recipe makes a huge splash at your summer barbecue parties
2 (12 oz) wild salmon filets
1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sake
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
2 teaspoons finely minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons finely minced ginger
- 1 teaspoon Asian chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 3 green onions, very thinly sliced
grated zest of one orange
- toasted sesame seeds
- fresh lime wedges
Place salmon in a large glass baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all marinade
ingredients. Pour over salmon, cover and chill
for 1 hour, turning fish once or twice.
- Remove from refrigerator and allow salmon to come to room temperature (30 minutes).
- Heat a grill to medium high-heat and oil the grate.
- Remove fish from marinade (discard) and grill
for 5-7 minutes until fish is just cooked through.
- Transfer salmon to a heated serving platter and sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds.
- Arrange lime wedges around fish