Herbed Omelet Recipe
This herbed omelet recipe combines eggs, herbs and cheese into a
delicious alternative to everyday breakfasts. Try this delicious
breakfast with OJ and hot buttered toast.
I like this omelet recipe best because it is ideal for a quick
outdoor breakfast or brunch.
Herbs, cheese, and eggs are combine together to make a great
alternative to standard breakfast dishes, and is always well received.
Add onion and bell peppers for a delicious, Spanish omelet type
Serve with toast or savory quick bread, and perhaps some fresh fruit,
for a quick, delicious and satisfying start to a new day.
Try this delicious herbed omelet breakfast:
Serves 4 - 6
- 3/4 cups whole milk
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
- 8 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, shredded
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 6 leaves fresh basil, shredded
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary leaves, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, shredded
- 1/4 cup shredded Colby or cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In large bowl, combine milk and lemon peel.
- Add eggs and seasonings, mix well and stir in cheeses.
- In large skillet, melt butter, pour in egg mixture.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring gently, until eggs are set
- Garnish with parsley and serve hot