Honey Barbecue Sauce
Use this easy honey barbecue sauce to add tons of zest to your outdoor cooking meals. This sweet and versatile honey and tomato based barbecue sauce is great with grilled chicken, chicken wings, pork and hamburger, as well as ribs.
This is truly another great and easy-to-prepare barbecue sauce, to help add extra
zest to your outdoor-cooking recipes.
Easy to prepare honey BBQ sauce
Makes 1 cup sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 1 8 oz. can tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons cider or sherry wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- Heat oil in medium pan. Add onion and garlic, saute on medium
high heat until onion is soft and transparent.
- Add remaining ingredients and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat
- Strain to get a smooth sauce.
Store the sauce in an airtight food saver container such as a
canning jar or a ziplock storage bag until required.