Marinated Burmese Spareribs
by Gina Quartermaine
Gina's Marinated Burmese Spareribs
- 1 C dark soy sauce
- 3 Tbs brown sugar
- 4 Tbs ginger root, finely minced
- 1 Tbs minced garlic
- 1 C Teriyaki sauce
- 2 tsp dried crushed red pepper
- 5 Roma tomatoes, finely chopped
- 4 medium white onions, minced
- 5 lbs lean country style pork spareribs, cut into individual piecesPreparation:
In a bowl combine soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger root, minced garlic, Teriyaki sauce and red pepper.
Coat each sparerib in sauce, then put into a large shallow pan, next add onion and Roma tomatoes, blend everything well.
Pour remaining sauce on top.
Marinate 4-6 hours in refrigerator.
Remove spareribs from marinade, reserving marinade for basting. Put vegetables in aluminum foil packet to cook on grill.
Broil spareribs over charcoal 6 minutes each side for medium doneness; marinate with sauce as they cook.