Mediterranean Barbecue Chicken
This Mediterranean barbecue chicken recipe is for barbecue lover.
unique in that it absorbs all the wonderful tastes of your sauces, and
is able to effortlessly blend the delicious tastes into a low-fat
healthy meal that is usually so easy to prepare.
I'm usually on a diet anyway, so when I find a great, tasty chicken
recipe, I pounce. (If you're looking to lose a few pounds too, I
heartily recommend the clinically proven Medifast meal replacement
diet. It really works!)
Why not give this easy barbecue chicken recipe a try? It combines
delicious flavors of the eastern Mediterranean basin and memories of
warm, sunny beaches. This is a great and tasty recipe, which as you can
see from the picture above, I make often because my family loves it so
Serving suggestion: Serve with grilled corn or a nice potato salad.
Try this delicious Mediterranean barbecue chicken recipe
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 can (6 ounce size) tomato paste
- 1 can (14.5 ounce size) reduced sodium chicken broth
- 2/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 4 green onions
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Wash and slice green onions, white bottoms only (discard green
- Mix garlic and white parts of green onion to a skillet and sauté
minutes. Stir in tomato paste and chicken broth and mix well.
- Increase heat to medium-high; add vinegar and honey and cook to
Reduce heat to low, and simmer until sauce is reduced, about 30
minutes. Bring sauce to room temperature. (Can be prepared the day
before and kept in refrigerator)
- Put chicken in small bowl and cover with sauce for about 2 hours.
- Place grill over medium heat, and grill chicken breasts for about
minutes. Turn chicken over, coat liberally with remaining sauce, and
grill for a further 3 minutes or until done.