Try Persian barbecue chicken kebabs
Are you in the mood for an easy barbecue chicken recipe? How about Persian barbecue chicken?
I use ground chicken for this variation, one of my best hamburger recipes, and I find
the oriental ingredients and spices accent and complement the
I love chicken recipes in general, not least because they are
usually low in fat. This barbecue chicken recipe is no exception, so
not only is it tasty, it's healthy as well. This is my go to recipe
whenever I'm looking for a change in pace from the classic ground beef
Try these Persian kebabs
- 2 pounds fat-free, ground chicken breast
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 cup fresh coriander leaves, shredded
- 5 cloves garlic, crushed or minced
- Salt and coarsely ground pepper, to taste
- Mix all the ingredients in a large bowl, ensuring they are well blended.
- Cover and refrigerate for about one hour
- Form the mix into elongated kebab patties around a skewer. If you are using bamboo skewers, soak for about 30 minutes in warm water. If you are using metal skewers, coat lightly with olive oil.
- Lightly coat the grill with some olive oil and grill on each side for about 3 minutes
- Serve immediately
Wait before you run of and grill up Persian kebabs, let me show you "How to
grill shish kebab to perfection" to!