Try This Great Beef Pot Roast Recipe
Anyone for a delicious pot roast recipe? This recipe is really versatile, you can make it indoors or while out camping. You can prepare this recipe in a crockpot, a slow cooker and, of course, your trusty Dutch oven.
I gotta admit - the recipe below is one of my favorite slow cooker
I especially like to make this one in a Dutch oven when we're
outdoors in the fall, and it's turning a little chilly. It really warms up
the bones. It turns out great when made as a slow cooker recipe as
well, so give it a try - you won't regret it.
Southern Pot Roast - Dutch oven or slow cooker recipe
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (3-3 1/2 lbs.)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups (about 4 medium tomatoes), peeled and diced
- 1 cup chopped green chilies
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, coarsely chopped
- 2 cups beef stock
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Heat the oil in a Dutch oven and brown the roast.
- Combine tomatoes, chilies, tomato paste, stock, and sugar; pour
the roast. Cover and simmer 2-2 1/2 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove roast to a platter, and keep warm
- Pour 2 cups pan juices into a saucepan.
- In a small bowl, combine the cold water and flour; stir until