Try My Red Potato Salad Recipe
This is a great new baby potato salad recipe, and while I usually
use red potatoes, an assortment of two or three varieties, with their
subtle differences in taste, works very well too (A great recipe for
three potato salad - try it with Yukon Golds, White Creamers and Reds).
This creamy potato salad recipe is quite different from the
run-of-the-mill traditional potato salad recipes, and is great at
parties and - need I say it - barbecues.
Why not try this non-traditional potato salad recipe at your next
Suitable for 6 salad servings
- 1 pound red baby potatoes, jacketed and rinsed well
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, divided
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3 anchovy fillets, soaked in cold water, sliced
- 1 chili pepper, seeded and diced
- 4 scallions or green onions, sliced (green and white parts)
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander leaves, shredded
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Do not peel. Rinse well, and slice the potatoes lengthwise and
boil in salted water with 1 tablespoon lemon juice until they are soft
enough to eat.
- Drain and transfer to bowl
- In a separate bowl, mix the olive oil, the remaining 3
tablespoons lemon juice, garlic, mayonnaise, anchovy, chili pepper and
the salt and pepper.
- Add the mix to the potatoes while they are still hot.
Try some of our other great outdoor cooking salad recipes
and sides dishes