Tangy Barbecue Chicken
Tangy barbecue chicken...deliciously different. Is the only way I can describe this great
recipe. Easy to prepare as well. So be prepared to have all your
barbecue guests clamoring for more.
Don't you find barbecue the best way to prepare chicken?
healthy and easy recipe calls for a whole barbecue chicken (well, two
halves anyway), and as the preparation method allows the fat to drain
away, you are left with an incredibly delicious, crispy meal.
special rub and sauces you add just increase the delight.
Serving suggestion: Serve with our grilled vegetables antipasto or a
nice fresh green salad.
Try this tangy barbecue chicken recipe
- 2 broiler-fryer chicken halves
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose rub
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups tangy barbecue sauce
- 1 large onion, halved
- Clean and rinse the chicken thoroughly under cold running water
and pat dry.
- Split the chicken lengthwise
- Season chicken with all-purpose rub and place in small bowl.
- Cover with the barbecue sauce and marinate for 2-4 hours.
- Place grill rack over medium heat.
- When the grill has heated, fork one onion half, dip it in the
olive oil and coat the grill.
- Place chicken on rack, skin side down and cook 45 minutes or
done, turning and brushing with remaining tangy barbecue sauce every 15
Simple, huh? Enjoy!