Homemade Tangy Barbecue Sauce
This easy to prepare tangy tomato-based sauce is great with beef,
pork and poultry. Prepare a couple of days beforehand and store in the
refrigerator to get all the flavors in delicious harmony.
Easy to prepare tangy BBQ sauce
- 2 cups of tomato paste
- juice of ½ lemon or more, if desired
- ¼ cup Worcestershire sauce
- ½ cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon of prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon of Tabasco sauce
- Place all the ingredients in a small saucepan and heat slowly to
dissolve the sugar. Allow the mixture to cool.
- Sauce can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 10 days, so you
can prepare it before you leave on your RV trip.
Store the sauce in an airtight food saver container such as a
canning jar or a ziplock storage bag until required.