Enjoy this delicious grilled fresh tuna steak recipe
This is one of the best fresh tuna recipes I have come across. Whether you're a calorie-counter or not, if 30 minute meals appeal to you, and your family enjoys grilled tuna steak, you can't go wrong with this recipe.
Grilled tuna steaks are great idea for a summer barbecue that is at once both exotic (well tuna steaks are still al little exotic, aren't they?) and minimalist - and grilling tuna is so quick and easy as well!
I prefer to use the upper portion of the tuna filet, as I find this yields best results when grilling tuna
Your search for grilled tuna recipes is over!
- 2 pounds tuna steak
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon grilled tuna 5-spice rub (or freshly ground coarse black pepper, if you prefer)
- Slice the steak into 6"-long sections
- Coat lightly with olive oil and roll it in the grilled tuna rub mixture or pepper.
- Grill over a medium-hot fire for 2-3 minutes per side for medium rare
- Slice into ½" slices, and spread on serving platter.
- Serving suggestion: Use this great 5-spice rub when you grill the tuna steaks, and serve with spicy lemon sauce