Try My Two Bean Salad Recipe
Are you looking for a great two bean salad recipe for a hot summer's
Whew, it can sure get hot when you're out there barbecuing in the
summer sun, can't it?.
This great green and white bean salad recipe
really goes well with all types of outdoor cooking, so get ready for
some fun in the sun.
Why not try this great salad at your next barbecue?
Suitable for 6 salad servings
- 1 pound fresh green beans
- 2 cups white dry beans, such as Baby Lima, soaked overnight and
boiled for about 1/2 hour, or until soft enough to eat
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 sage leaves, shredded
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Boil the green beans in salted boiling water for 3-4 minutes
- Drain well, rinse with tap water and drain again
- Heat the olive oil, garlic and sage in a wide skillet, and when
heated add the beans (both varieties), salt and pepper, and cook for
about 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add the lemon juice, bring to the boil and mix for about 3
- Allow to cool. Mix in the chopped parsley before serving.
Try some of our other great outdoor cooking salad recipes
and sides dishes.