Vinegar Coleslaw Recipe
My family really likes coleslaw. And I really like to barbecue. The fact that the two go together so well is the main reason I have so many coleslaw recipes on the site. Well, that, and the fact that there are so many different coleslaw variations. Whew!
Apart from being one of my favorite and all-time best coleslaw recipes, this sweet and tangy vinegar coleslaw recipe is really quick and easy to make. Go ahead and give it a try. You'll not have any regrets, that's for sure!
Give this sweet and tangy coleslaw recipe a try at your next barbecue:
Makes 6-8 servings
- 1 large head cabbage, shredded
- 1 large green bell pepper, thinly sliced and cut into pieces about 2" long
- 2 carrots, thinly sliced and cut into pieces about 2" long
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon mustard seed
- 1 1/2 cups white vinegar
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Cut the cabbage into quarters, and using a sharp knife shred to a thickness of about 1/8". Try to shred the pepper to about the same degree.
- Toss shredded and diced vegetables together in a large bowl.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a separate bowl and mix well
- Add to vegetables, cover and refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- That's it! Less than 5 minutes and your done. Cool, huh? Who needs store-bought?
Ready to try another best coleslaw recipe? Just click here for more salad recipes.